Health and Fitness Expert, Nickie Carrigan, stopped by the TCL studio with tips for parents as they transition into a back to school routine.
-Set your morning routine, be sure to fill your own cup before tending to others in your family
-Meal prep for the week with a recipe like the one below!
Moroccan Quinoa with Chickpeas
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pan over med-high heat
- Add 1 chopped bell pepper, 1 cup of shredded carrots, and 1 chopped medium onion, 1 cup simply sweet potatoes or chopped & peeled sweet potato (stir frequently for about 5 min.)
- Add one clove of minced garlic, salt to taste, pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp turmeric; stir for 2 min
- Add 1 1/3 cup of veggie broth, 2 cans of drained & rinsed chickpeas, juice of 1 orange and bring to a boil
- Add 2 cups of prepared quinoa. Cover and remove from heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and fresh mint!
-Plan out landmarks during the school year! Holidays, trips, etc.