Owner of Upsy-Daisy in White Bear Lake, Danielle Rode, joined Dude’s Week with showing how to make fun DIY projects.
- Wood (cut to 2” x 1” x 5-6”)
- Washer (1”)
- 1” fostner drill bit and drill
- 1-1/2” fostner drill bit
- Start with a piece of wood cut to 2”x1”x5-6” long.
- Use a 1” fostner drill bit to drill into the top of the wood block just enough for the washer to sit flush.
- Use a 1-1/2” fostner drill bit to drill into the block – with about 1/8” overlap with the first washer’s hole.
- Sand and stain your block.
- Fasten the washer to the block with a screw.
- Drill with 5/8” forstner bit
- Miter saw
- Orbital sander or bench sander
- Then cut six 3-1/2″ pieces of 4×4.
- The next step is to sand the cube smooth on each side and round the corners.
- mark where your dots should go on each side.
- Then, using a 5/8″ forstner bit, drill a shallow hole, about 1/8″-1/4″ at each point.
- If desired, paint the inside of the holes black and stain the cubes.
3.Beer Flight Set
- 4 tasting glasses
- 2 drawer pulls
- Wood board
- Drill and bit
- Painters tape
- Chalkboard paint
- Cut your board to approximately 1”x6”x19” (shorter or longer based on your tasting glasses size)
- Decide placement of your glasses on your board and mark
- Use a drill bit the size of the base of your glasses and drill holes through the board.
- Sand the board
- Tape off a section for chalkboard paint and cover with the painters tape.
- Stain the board and let dry.
- Remove the painters tape and apply chalkboard paint to that section.
- Attach drawer pulls to the ends of the board.
- Insert glasses and enjoy!