Summer is officially here! Certified personal trainer and nutritionist, Sara Gerbracht, stopped by to provide tips for integrating self-care and short workouts into your busy summer routine.
For more wellness tips, you can visit Sara’s blog here.
Exercise #1: “Stop and Squat”
- Stop wherever you are and squat. Whether you’re doing laundry, playing outside with the kids, or making lunch, break out in a set of squats and add an overhead curl to make the move more challenging.
- Increase the intensity by adding weight to your overhead curl with items around the house (bottle, kids toys, laundry detergent jug, etc.)
Exercise #2: “Mind your P’s and Q’s”
- Briefly explain the “P” and “Q”
- You can accomplish this in a variety of moves:
- “Curtseying like a lady, and smashing it like a boss”
- To amp up the intensity, incorporate more moves to this series: curtsey lunge, uppercut, knee strike
Exercise #3: “Tricep Kickback”
- Say “goodbye” to giggly-underarms! This is an area of concern for many women, and this move will help tighten this area.
- You can accomplish this through a series of moves:
- Stand with your knees bent with a slight bend in your hips, press your triceps back, and kick straight back for a full body move
- This targets more areas than just your underarms, which we always love. As moms, we have to make the most of our time!
- For a more challenging move, add weight to your tricep curl.
Exercise #4: “Standing Crunch”
- Target your tummy with a standing crunch move, which can be accomplished just about anywhere.