Mike Berger, senior editor at Midwest Home Magazine, stopped by with five trends his team are seeing in homes for 2019. None of them involve cans of beige paint.
- Go bold with wallpaper or the color choice you put on walls. Even tile. Don’t settle for beige.
- If you don’t go bold, go peaceful. Calming hues, like greens, salmons, and blues, are big in 2019. The Pantone color of the year for 2019, Living Coral, is a calming hue.
- Pastels aren’t just for Easter. You will see them in accessories in the kitchen, living room and bedroom.
- Make the vanity the focal point of your bathroom.
- Build a “she shed” in your backyard. It’s a great way to show your personality and also, a way to escape from your husband.
For more hot trends, make sure to pick up the latest of Midwest Home Magazine.