Chris Freytag is a health and fitness coach, author, mom and creator of Get Healthy U. It’s a website that includes easy-to-follow workout ideas that can be done right in your own home. She stopped by with workout ideas to embrace circuits and intervals at home.
Warm up 1-2 Minutes
1. Squat to Back rolls: to warm up the lower body and the spine. Warm ups are all about mobility – mobilize the joints and wake up muscles.
2. Skipping in place: Warms up the calves, legs, shoulders and gets the heart beat elevated.
Circuits and Intervals at Home
1. 20 sec work: (Strength) Squat to lung – alternating legs
2. 10 sec rest
3. 20 Sec work: (Cardio) Skaters
4. 10 sec rest
5. 20 Sec work: (Strength) Pushups to a T-Side Plank
6. 10 sec rest:
7. 20 Sec work: (Cardio) Burpees
8. 10 sec rest:
*Repeat for a total of 4 times equaling 8 minutes of exercise.
Two minute warm up plus eight minutes of intervals = 10 min workout
Deal for Twin Cities Live viewers:
Get your first year of membership for just $20 using the code TCLGOLD20
Click here for more information.