Jewelry lovers, we don’t ever want you to lose an earring back again! It’s why TCL’s DIY expert Danielle Rode stopped by with three ways to keep earrings, bracelets and necklaces all tucked away in their own place. And forget about buying an expensive jewelry armoire, you can instead make it yourself.
1. Earring Holder
• Picture Frame
• Mesh screening
• Staple gun
• Remove the glass, backing and staples from the back of the picture frame.
• Lay your frame on the mesh screen and cut around the frame.
• Use staple gun to staple down the mesh screen. Start at a corner and go down the side. Pull the mesh screen tight as you go.
• Trim any excess screen mesh
2. Bracelet or Necklace Display
• Piece of wood for the base (approximately 4″ x 5″ or 4″ x 6″)
• Screw driver and 4 screws
• The following piping pieces:
o 1-Flange (as the base)
o 2-1/2 in caps
o 1-Pipe 1/2 in x 10 in (or 6″ if bracelet stand)
o 2-Pipes 1/2 in x 5 in (or 4″ if bracelet stand)
o 1-T Shape Connector 1/2 in
Note: plumbing pipe comes in various metals: steel, galvanized, brass, copper. Prices vary, but all work with this project.
• Clean the pipes:
o Remove the tag/stickers with a hair dryer (heat will loosen the glue) or Goo Gone.
o Black pipes are coated in oil. Degrease them with a ½ and ½ vinegar to water solution, mineral spirits or dishwashing detergent.
• Attach the flange to the wood base with four screws.
• Start assembling the pipes from the top.
• The two shorter pieces will screw into the tee.
• Screw the end caps onto the 2 top pieces.
• Connect (screws in) the tallest pipe into the bottom of the tee.
Screw the entire T- formation of pipes into the flange.
3. Ring Organizer
• Wood box or small drawer
• Glue gun
• Measure the inner dimensions of your box or drawer to determine the length of your ring cushions.
• Cut felt to the same dimensions.
• Roll the felt and use glue gun to glue the felt roll shut.
• Make enough felt rolls to fill the box.
Use glue gun to glue each felt roll to the bottom of the box
Danielle is the owner of Upsy-Daisy in Downtown White Bear Lake. The store specializes in one-of-a-kind gifts, home décor, new and vintage finds. Upsy-Daisy just got a major facelift! Check out the new space in the September issue of White Bear Lake Magazine.