Happy Thanksgiving from Twin Cities Live! We’re cookin’ up the turkey and stuffing but first it’s time to set the perfect table! Our Thanksgiving table was created by the one and only DIY expert Danielle Rode. Danielle follows a basic tablescape formula.
1. Start with an item to anchor your entire centerpiece, such as a table runner, long ribbon, etc.
2. Add a base for your arrangement, such as a tray, a window shutter, wood cutting boards, etc.
3. Add store-bought garland or florals.
4. Dress it up with candles or white pumpkins or milk glass vases, or depending on style OR
5. Dress it down with pinecones, orange/green pumpkins gords, etc.
As far as place settings, Danielle follows another formula.
• Start with a plate charger
• Add your place setting
• Top your setting with napkin ring/napkin – or even something natural like a pumpkin, pinecone, etc.
Danielle is the owner of Upsy Daisy in White Bear Lake. She’s part of this year’s Holiday Junk Jaunt featuring shops along Highway 61 in White Bear Lake and Forest Lake. You’ll find holiday vintage, upcycled, repurposed and locally made items. Click here for all the details!