TCL Craft Star, Alisun Abbott shows us some DIY crafts, along with ways to give your bird bath a beautiful update.
– wooden spoon or stick
– pipe cleaners
– Borax powder or Alum powder
(3 cups of almost boiling water to one cup Borax powder)
(2 cups of almost boiling water to 3/4 cup of Alum powder)
– materials to decorate wand: ribbon & string
- Take a stick or wooden spoon( remove ladle part) and wrap pipe cleaners around stick or handle. Pipe cleaner color will determine wand crystal color.
- In a heat safe glass jar, mix the hot water and powder until it dissolves.
- 3. Submerge pipe cleaner part of stick in water. Secure with wire and tape. Cover top of jar and leave over night. (12 – 24 hours)
- Remove wand and let dry.
Flower Pot / Bird bath / Side Table / Water Feature
– terra cotta pots or plastic pots and trays
– paint & paint brushes
– gorilla glue // strong adhesive
– paint & outdoor sealant
– optional: solar power fountain ( fountain at garden stores and online – under $20)
- Stack the base of two 14 inch pots on top of one another. Both pot bases are touching making an hour glass shape. Place tray on the top pot.
- Paint your design.
- Glue the pots and lid together with a strong adhesive.
- Seal the paint with an outdoor and water proof sealant. Do this step outside in a well ventilated area.
- Add water and optional solar powered fountain.
Hanging Plant Up-Grade
Hanging plant in plastic container
Decorative woven basket
Mental hanging plant hooks and chains
- Place plastic hang plant in decorative woven basket to confirm correct basket size.
- Cut and remove plastic hanging parts and hook off of plant.
- Add metal hook and change to basket
- Enjoy your five minute upgrade!