With the corona virus changing how we socialize and gather, many couples are being faced with the tough decision whether to postpone or cancel their weddings. Tiger Oak’s Minnesota Bride Magazine asked local wedding experts their thoughts on this. Editor-in-chief, Sarah Baumann Rogers fills us in on what the experts had to say.
Tips for Postponing:
- Talk to all your vendors right away
- Having open communication is so importand and the sooner the better
- Be flexible, especially with your date
- Consider non-traditional days of the week
- Get the word out to your guests ASAP
If you do choose to cancel entirely with all your vendors, it seems likely that you may lose your deposits and down payments, depending on each individual business’ policy. Couples may choose to do this if they want to keep the same date and opt for a private elopement but still have that big party with friends and family when it safe to do so.
For the complete article, Love in the Time of Coronavirus, click here.