Driscioll’s Chef Daniel stopped by to help us celebrate International Picnic Day with a tasty recipe for Berry Swirl Raspberry Popsicles. These popsicles are also available from their Berry Mobile! This rolling picnic basket filled with tasty berries, treats and games will be popping up at events all summer long!
Be sure to use the hashtag #BerryTogether on social media to share your summer fun with Driscoll’s Berries!
Berry Swirl Raspberry Popsicles
Yield: approximately 10 (2.25 ounce) popsicles
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (4.7 ounces; 113 grams)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (0.5 ounces; 15 grams)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt such as 5% Fage (17 ounces; 490 grams)
- Chop berries.
- Macerate chopped berries in sugar and lemon juice 30 – 60 minutes or until about 2/3 cups berry syrup has been produced.
- Strain mixture through fine strainer to separate syrup from berry solids. Do not discard.
- Place yogurt into a large bowl.
- Add berry solids.
- Add syrup.
- Fold mixture together minimally. Do not overmix; final mixture should look swirled with streaks of white, light pink, dark pink, and berry solids.
- Divide mixture between popsicle molds.
- Tap molds on countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Insert one popsicle stick into each mold as per popsicle mold manufacturer’s instructions.
- Freeze popsicles 4-6 hours as per popsicle mold manufacturer’s instructions.
Berry Mobile Tour Destinations – for a complete list, click here.
- June 23 – Twin Cities Pride Parade – 11am – 2pm, Minneapolis
- June 30 – RoseFest – 4:30am – 7pm, Roseville
- July 4 – Red, White & Boom! TC 5K, Half Marathon & Relay – 6:30am – 11am, Father Hennepin Park
- July 7 – Twin Cities Color Run – 6am – 11am, State Fair Grounds
- July 14 – Saints vs. Winnipeg Game – 3pm – 5pm, CHS Field
- July 27 – Loring Park Art Festival – 10am – 6pm, Loring Park
- Aug 3 – Powderhorn Art Fair – 10am – 6pm, Powderhorn Park
- Aug 9 – Eagan Food Truck Festival – 4pm – 9pm, Eagen Community Center
- Aug 30 – Minnesota State Fair – 9am – 8pm, State Fair Grounds
- Sept 1 – Minnesota State Fair – 9am – 8pm, State Fair Grounds
- Oct 5 – Medtronic TC Marathon Weekend – 5:30am – 12pm, St. Paul Capitol