It’s our favorite time of year! We’re getting you some outstanding recipes for your holiday treat trays during our annual “12 Days of Cookies” series. Today, Elizabeth is baking with Eva Sabet. She’s the owner of Swedish Crown Bakery in Anoka.
The 12 Days of Cookies is brought to you by Bridgeman’s Ice Cream. This year, we’re pairing each cookie with a Bridgeman’s ice cream flavor. Eva recommends enjoying Vegan Chocolate Crinkle cookies with Bridgeman’s Peppermint Bon Bon ice cream.
For a list of Bridgeman’s retail locations and scoop shops, click here.
Here’s today’s recipe!
Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 + 1tbsp cup oil
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp apple sauce
1 TBSP vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
0.5 TBSP baking powder
0.5 tsp salt
1/2 cup powder sugar for coating
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until a dough forms (do not over mix). Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake reheat oven to 350°F. Line baking trays with parchment paper. Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls.
- In a bowl, generously roll & coat each ball in powdered sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Cookies will come out soft, but will harden up as they cool.