Fitness Instructor and Owner of The Warehouse, Nickie Carrigan, stopped by with a tasty recipe for a plant-based Enchilada Bake.
- ½ teaspoon onion, granulated
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 x 200 g bag baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion granulated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Enchilada Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Warm the tortillas by wrapping in foil and baking in a hot oven for 5 minutes or put them in the microwave for 1 minute.
- In a large casserole dish, add large ladle of red enchilada sauce as a base. In each tortilla add ¾ cup of the filling and roll.
- Place each filled tortilla side by each into the casserole dish until the dish is full. Cover the tortillas evenly with enchilada sauce, drizzle Queso sauce over each roll, cover with tin foil (optional), and bake for 25-30 minutes until hot. Remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Slice down the middle length-wise, scoop to serve or build individual meal prep containers for a few days-worth of meals. Garnish with drizzle of Classic Sour Cream, your favorite hot sauce and fresh coriander.
- Add more or less salt and pepper to your taste.
This recipe was inspired by gamechangersmovie.com