It’s National Cheesecake Day and owner of Angel Food Bakery, Katy Gerdes stopped by to make this decadent dessert with a twist. Instead of regular vanilla cheesecake, she made Cheesecake Popsicles.
Katy’s popsicle cart, FrioFrio, will be at the Target Field for the Twins Game on August 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
- 8oz – cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup – whole milk (or any kind of milk/milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup – honey
- 1 tsp – vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups – fresh berries, lightly mashed (or any type of jam) optional
- Add cream cheese, milk, honey, vanilla and salt to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add a spoonful of berries to bottom of pop molds.
- Pour the mixture into ice pop molds until approx 3/4 full. Add remaining berries (gently stir in if need) and top with any milk mixture left.
- Freeze until solid.
- Melt chocolate & coconut oil together. Do not over heat, heat just until melted.
- Dip pops in chocolate and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Makes approx. 10 pops, depending on size of molds.