Creator of JohnJeanJuan, Terry John Zila, stopped by with a tasty recipe for Key Lime Tequila Pie.
Key Lime Tequila Pie
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
1/3 cup unsalted butter
¼ cup sugar
1 ¼ cup finely crushed graham crackers
- Place crushed graham crackers in a large bowl. Melt the butter and stir in the sugar.
Add to the bowl with the graham crackers and toss to mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a high-rimmed removable bottom 9-inch pie tart pan .
Chill for 1 hour.
For the Key Lime pie filling:
9 large egg yolks
21 ounces sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons sipping quality tequila
2 tablespoons lime zest
Lightly sweetened whipped cream to garnish
To make the filling:
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the condensed milk.
- Add the lime juice and tequila and blend well. Whisk in the lime zest to the egg yolk and condensed milk mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie shell and bake in pre-heated oven for about 15-17 minutes.
Cool to room temperature, then chill at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.