Rainy weather might keep you from grilling but you can still make a fantastic burger on your stovetop. Eli Wollenzein is the head chef and owner of coalition on 50th and France. He stopped by tips and tricks make a great stovetop burger.
- Ground Beef 6oz
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- Hamburger Bun
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Cheddar Cheese 2 Slices
- Bibb Lettuce
- Tomato (sliced)
- Red Onion (sliced)
- Burger Sauce
- Mayo 1 Cup
- Ketchup ½ Cup
- Dijon Mustard ¼ Cup
- Heat cast iron pan to medium-high heat.
- Place scoop of ground beef onto hot cast iron. Using two burger spatulas, press meat down in pan with one spatula, while using second spatula to shape patty.
- Season burger with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook until a crust has formed.
- Flip and immediately cover with cheese. Cook until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, or before starting the burgers, utter hamburger bun and place in sauté pan over low heat until toasting golden brown.
- Thoroughly mix burger sauce ingredients
- Place burger sauce on bottom of bun, then pickles. Place burger on bottom of bun.
- In this order, place tomato, red onion, lettuce, and top of bun on top of burger.