Creator of My Everyday Table, Emily Dingmann, has a tasty chicken dish that’s got all the taste of spring! My Everyday Table is full of recipes and meal plans that are perfect for busy parents on-the-go. Click here for more recipes.
1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced chicken breast (or you can pound it thin yourself
1 tsp. salt, divided
1/4 tsp. black pepper, divided
1 cup greek yogurt
2 teaspoons herbs de provence
1 Tablespoon + 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces (about 2–3 cups)
1 medium leek, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
1 cup peas (I used frozen)
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and when oil is hot, add chicken to pan.
- Cook chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together yogurt, herbs de provence, 1 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add another teaspoon of olive oil to pan if it’s dry.
- Add leeks to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and peas and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and until vegetables are tender.
- Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Divide yogurt mixture onto 4 plates and slightly spread yogurt over plate.
- Top with chicken and 1/4 of the vegetable mix.
If you don’t have herbs de provence, Italian seasoning can also be used.