Josh Nelson of Almanac Fish shared a Branzino and Nam Chim recipe and tips on how to serve a whole fish at your next dinner party.
• 1 whole branzino, dressed and scaled per person (1# whole fish)
• 3 oz nam chim sauce per plate
Nam Chim Sauce: makes 1 qt
• 1 12oz bottle fish sauce (we like Red Boat)
• 5 oz finely chopped or grated ginger
• 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• Zest & juice of 3 oranges
• Zest & juice of 8 limes
• 4oz yuzu juice
• 10 shallots finely dice
• 7 jalapenos, thinly sliced (no seeds for less spicy) for garnish
• 2 bunches chopped cilantro for garnish
• 2 thinly sliced radish for garnish
Stir together first seven Nam Chim ingredients.
Rub whole fish with salt and pepper, lightly throughout inside and outside of fish. Place fish in roasting pan and cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (internal temp of 140 degrees).
Gently place cooked whole fish on platter. Liberally garnish with chopped cilantro, and sliced jalapenos. Serve nam chim sauce on the side, for dipping.