Certified Fitness Instructor, Nickie Carrigan, stopped by the studio with a tasty recipe for black bean burger and turnip fries.
Black Bean Burger
Nickie suggested buying frozen patties at a local store near you – she uses Gardein brand.
-Pair with lettuce, pico and avocado
-To cut out carbs, only use one side of the burer bun
1 tsp of garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper mixture
Turnips according to need
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Peel the turnips and cut into french fry-sized sticls about 1/3 by 4 inches
3. Place into a large bowl and toss with the olive oil to coat
4. Cover garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper in resealable plastic bag and shake to mix. Place the oiled turnips into bag and then spread on pan
5. Bake for approximately 40 minutes