The musical, Monty Python’s Spamalot is will be at the Ordway, April 2nd – 7th. It’s based off the 1975 British movie, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We are celebrating with a Spamalot Chef Challenge! The spam series is wrapping up with Toasted Spam Fried Rice, the host of the YouTube series, “Cooking for Dads” Rob Barret, stopped by to make it.
Toasted Spam Fried Rice
1/2 can spam, cut into small squares
1 bag, mixed vegetables
1 cup cooked rice
1 spoonful sugar
1 lime slice
2 eggs beaten
1. Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok.
2. Add chopped spam, try to spread it into one layer and let it cook for a minute.
3. before stirring. We want to get some browned sides. Stir and then let cook again.
4. Pour in frozen vegetable mix and stir.
5. After another minute add any optionals you may have on hand.
6. Move to side and pour beaten egg on pan. Let it cook for 30 seconds or until set before stirring in.
7. Add one cup cooked rice, 2 or 3 spoonfuls of soy sauce and one spoonful sugar.
8. Stir until everything is coated.
9. Sprinkle some lime juice over the rice. Stir again.
10. Serve hot and enjoy.