Alice Seuffert, creator of Dining with Alice is here with her fun ideas and recipes for making breakfast fun and easy for parents and kids.
· This is a great breakfast option for being on the go or if you are headed to the beach or lake in the morning. It also makes a nutritious snack!
· You can modify with your favorite fruit!
Alice uses the Norpro Popsicle maker and it makes 10 popsicles, this recipe is based on using that popsicle mold.
· No flipping individual pancakes for this recipe. Make one giant pancake in the oven and slice into squares. Serve with apple sauce or syrup.
· This is a great breakfast option for a make-ahead breakfast. Make a big batch and freeze for later!
· You can add your favorite toppings. I like to do a variety of fruit and chocolate chips.
Other Simple Breakfast Ideas
· Snacking Breakfast is a great for kids who love variety! Think homemade “Breakfast Lunchable” and offer your kids small amounts of items that they can eat together or separate. Examples: Homemade trail mix (nuts, fruit, dark chocolate), hardboiled eggs, pre-cooked sausage crumbles or sausage patties, cubed cheese, and tortilla, bread, or mini bagels.
· For a peanut butter alternative, substitute whipped cream cheese. It is easy to spread and great for making breakfast wraps (tortilla, cream cheese, and crumble sausage).
· If you have a hard time getting your child to eat breakfast, try a drinkable breakfast with a Green Smoothie.
· If your child loves cereal, swap out their cereal bowl with a Smoothie Bowland use the cereal as a topping in addition to fresh or dried fruit and nuts.
· Make a large French toast casserole (Lemon Raspberry French Toast Bake), slice up individual servings and freeze. Defrost and heat for an easy breakfast option.