Chances are you are either attending a summer BBQ or hosting one this season. Author of Tonja’s Table, Tonja Engen stopped by to share her favorite summer staples that are perfect for a large crowd.
To purchase a copy of her cookbook, click here.
Lamb Chops with Herbes de Provence and Yogurt Pesto
For the Lamb Chops:
• 1 rack of lamb
• ½ cup of Olive oil
• 4-5 Tbls. Herbs de Provence
• Salt and pepper to taste
For the Pesto Yogurt:
• 1 cup of Greek yogurt
• ¼-1/2 cup of pesto
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 Tbls. lemon juicE
1. To make the Yogurt Pesto sauce mix all ingredients together and salt and pepper to taste. (Can be made 1 day ahead).
2. Next, slice rack of lamb into individual chops and pound out each one between plastic wrap ¼ thick. You can have a butcher do this too. Salt and pepper both sides. In a bowl, make a paste by adding Herbs de Provence and olive oil. Rub on both sides of lamb chops. Put into a zip-loc bag and marinate at least one hour.
3. Grill 4-5 minutes per side. Place lamb chops on a platter along with the yogurt pesto sauce.
4. Serve immediately.
For the vinaigrette:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1⁄4 cup good red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup good olive oil
For the salad:
2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
1 red bell pepper, large diced?1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
6 to 8 whole pepperoncini’s, halved
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1⁄2 red onion, halved then sliced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1⁄2 pound feta cheese, diced in 1⁄2-inch pieces (not crumbled)
1⁄2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
1. For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper in your serving bowl.
2. Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
3. Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.
5. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
6. Serve at room temperature.
3 oz grapefruit liqueur (Tonja uses Pamplemousse)
3 oz Grand Marnier
18 oz (2 1/4 cups) rose wine, chilled
12 oz (1 1/2 cups) Champagne, chilled
1 cup Ice
Strips of orange peel