Emily Dingmann is a nutritionist and mom, she’s also the creator of “My Everyday Table.” It’s full of recipes and meal plans, which is great for busy parents on-the-go. She stopped here with healthy school lunchbox ideas to simplify your morning routine before sending the kids off to school.
Three different Lunchbox Ideas:
1. Meatballs with BBQ sauce, Persian Cucumbers, banana, granola bar
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sushi Rolls, carrots with ranch, kiwi and pretzels
3. Quesadilla with Guacamole grape tomatoes, clementine and trail mix
4 Components to include when packing a healthy lunch:
• Main/Protein: Sandwiches, quesadillas, tuna salad, meatballs, etc.
• Vegetable: Raw, roasted and sautéed vegetables that you can easily pack, don’t be afraid to include leftovers like roasted vegetables.
• Fruit: keep this component simple with fresh fruits that are ready-to-eat (berries, apples, etc.) and always have a few applesauce pouches and raisins on hand for rushed mornings.
• Fun/Starch: This can be bagel or pita chips, trail mix with chocolate, or a small cookie!