Nothing says comfort food better than a meal from the trusty slow cooker. We put together a friendly competition with our staff to see who has the best slow cooker recipe. KSTP News Anchor Kevin Doran made Slow Cooker Sausage and Ravioli and TCL Reporter Kelli Hanson made Spicy Peanut Soup with Sweet Potato & Kale by Pinch of Yum.
Spicy Peanut Soup with Sweet Potato + Kale
Click here for the recipe.
Slow Cooker Sausage and Ravioli
Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook Time: 4 hrs.
• 1 pound Italian Sausage
• 1 pound Frozen Cheese Ravioli
• 29 ounces Diced tomatoes, 2 – 14.5 ounce cans
• 15 ounces Tomato Sauce
• 3 tablespoon Fresh Basil
• Salt to taste
• Fresh Parmesan for garnish
1. Cut Italian sausage into bite-sized slices.
2. Add sausage, ravioli, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and basil to the slow cooker.
3. Set slow cooker to low for 4 hours, or until sausage is fully cooked.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Remove from slow cooker and serve with a garnish of Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!