It’s Pumpkin Palooza on Twin Cities Live. Chef, instructor and author Robin Asbell stopped by to make Tortellini in Creamy Pumpkin-Sage Sauce
1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
2 tablespoon EVOO
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh sage, plus more for garnish
1/2 can pumpkin, 3/4 cup
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Fresh sage leaves
How to make it:
1. Put on a pot of salted water to boil for the tortellini.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the onion.
3. Saute, stirring, until the onions sizzle, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
4. Cook for at least 5 minutes, preferably 30.
5. When the onions are soft and golden, add the garlic and sage and stir for a few seconds, until fragrant.
6. Stir in the pumpkin, vegetable stock, wine, cream, salt and pepper and whisk to mix. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer until thickened.
7. Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and toss with the sauce. If desired, sliver sage leaves and fry them in olive oil for a crisped sage garnish.