Emily Dingman of My Everyday Table stopped by to teach us her official cheese board formula for the holidays.
Spicy Pepper Goat Cheese Spread:
- 3 bell peppers (any color combo)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- hot sauce or red pepper flakes to taste or sweet thai red chili sauce
- large log of goat cheese (8-12 oz.)
- 1 french baguette
- 1/8 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Fine dice peppers, discarding seeds and stem.
- Mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in large pan and when it’s hot, add peppers and garlic.
- Saute over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until peppers are soft. Add more spice or salt if necessary.
- Meanwhile, slice baguette, take goat cheese out of fridge and finely chop parsley.
- Serve peppers over goat cheese and sprinkle with parsley if desired.