Rob Barrett with Cooking For Dads shared has over 15,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel. It includes easy family recipes like how to make low carb chicken pizza, a Chicken Chalupa, and stuffed popovers with bacon and cheese! He stopped by Twin Cities Live to share his tips on how to remake a boring recipe!
Red Pepper and Sausage Pasta
1 red pepper
Clove of garlic
1 lb Italian sausage
Pint heavy cream
Jar of pasta sauce
Secret ingredient – Fresh Rosemary
1. Cook sausage on medium until cooked through. while cooking chop into as small pieces as possible. Put in a bowl with paper towels on the bottom to soak up the grease.
2. Cut red pepper in to small pieces. Smash and peel 2 or 3 garlic cloves. Chop in to small pieces.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and fry for one minute. Add red pepper and cook slightly, just until color turns dark red. ( 1 minute)
4. Add sausage stir for one minute then add complete jar of pasta sauce. Wash 4 inches of rosemary and cut into small pieces. Add and stir. Grate a handful of parmesan cheese into the pan and stir.
5. Fill medium pan with water. Once boiling add box of pasta. Drain when just tender.
6. Fill small bowl with pasta and top with generous amount of sauce. Grate some parmesan cheese over bowl for decoration.
© 2018 Cooking for Dads
Game Day Dip
1 can Hormel chili – no beans.
1 brick of Philadelphia cream cheese
1 small onion
a large bag of tortilla chips
Secret ingredient – 1 spoonful raspberry jelly
1. In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, add chili and cream cheese, stir until cheese is melted and color is even throughout.
2. Cut up tomato and onion in to small pieces.
3. You need about a fistfuls worth of each, don’t put in too much.
4. Add to dip and stir. Finally, add 2 spoonfuls of raspberry jelly and stir.
ham bacon or cooked sausage pieces
1 handful chopped onions
1 handful chopped tomatoes
2 slices Swiss cheese
Salt and pepper
Secret ingredient – soy sauce
1. In a medium bowl beat eggs until smooth. Add a few drops of soy sauce.
2. In a medium frying pan, melt a pad of butter and add chopped onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft.
3. Add meat and Swiss cheese. Once cheese has melted, add tomatoes and eggs.
4. Cook over low heat stirring occasionally until just hard.
5. Remove from heat immediately.