Patty Morrissey stopped by TCL’s Patio Party to share some of her unique guacamole recipes.
Peach and Jalapeño Guacamole Ingredients:
- 3 avocados, diced
- 1 jalapeño, charred
- 1/2 small red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large peach, diced (about 1 cup)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add the jalapeño and cook, turning with a tongs until the skin is blackened and charred. If you have a gas stove, you can eliminate the pan and just use a tongs to hold the pepper over the flame of the burner. You can also grill it. Or put it under the broiler. The goal is peeling, blackened skin on the pepper. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 20 minutes to steam and allow skin to remove from flesh. Strip charred skin with a pater towel, snip off the end, and remove some or all seeds – seeds add heat so its up to you! Chop pepper.
- Place avocado in a large bowl and mash with a fork until only small chunks remain. Add red onion, peach, lime juice, cilantro and charred jalapeño. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and peach.
- 2 large avocados (about 300 grams of flesh)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: chopped cilantro, chopped green onions
- Remove pit from the avocados and place flesh in a medium-sized bowl. Add lime juice and salt and pepper and mix well until mostly smooth, but some chunks still remain.
- Toast the pine nuts. Place pine nuts on a small skillet over low heat and toast until slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Make sure you are stirring constantly so they do not burn.
- Place toasted pine nuts and pomegranate arils in the bowl with the avocado and mix well. Top with optional toppings if desired.
Grilled Pineapple and Coconut Guacamole
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
- ½ cup diced grilled pineapple*
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (from about ½ lime)
- 2 T macadamia nuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl until combined, adjusting ingredients to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.
- To grill the pineapple: Slice a whole pineapple into rings. Heat the grill to medium and grease the grates with olive oil. Place a few rings on the greased grates and grill on each side about 4 minutes until grill marks appear. Remove from grill; dice and add to bowl. Top with chopped nuts and cilantro.