Porkapalooza sponsored by the Minnesota Pork Board is back! This time around, chefs are coming to us from their own kitchens with recipes and tips using pork. Eli Wollenzien, the owner of Coalition and Red Sauce Rebellion kicks us off with his recipe for ribs with a tequila barbeque sauce.
Both Coalition restaurants and Red Sauce Rebellion are open for takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery on Bitesquad. Purchase a gift card and get a bonus $10 for every $50 you buy.
Easy Baked BBQ Ribs
3 pounds Baby Back Ribs
Salt & Pepper To Taste
- “Score” back of ribs by making numerous small cuts on the bottom side (none meat side) of the ribs.
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil.
- Place ribs on the tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap tray with aluminum foil.
- Place in a 300 degree oven and bake for 1.5 – 2 hours, or until meat is tender and fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven, remove aluminum foil.
- Spread BBQ sauce meat side of ribs. Place under broiler, uncovered, until bbq sauce begins bubbling and is sticky.
Memphis BBQ Sauce
4 oz Butter
1 Yellow Onion
1 cup Tequila
2 cup Honey
½ cup Cider Vinegar
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 tsp Siracha
½ cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Salt
- Grate onions with a box grater, cheese grater, or food processor.
- In a sauce pot, heat butter over medium heat, add grated onions, and saute onions until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer once boiling.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for approximately 30-40 minute. Stir with rubber spatula frequently. Don’t stop simmering until sauce is thick and syrupy.
Seared Parmesan Polenta
4 cup Water
1 cup Polenta
3 Tbsp Butter
½ cup Grated Parmesan
1 tsp Salt
- In a sauce pot, bring water to a boil.
- Whisk in polenta. Bring water to a simmer.
- Continuously stir polenta over low – medium heat until polenta has thickened to the point it is difficult to stir with a whisk.
- Whisk butter, salt, and parmesan into polenta.
- Transfer polenta to a 2-4 inch baking pan.
- Let polenta cool. Then cut out 3 inch x 3 inch squares.