Every Monday, we give you dinner ideas and set your week up for success and call it Monday Night Meal. Each week we give you a brand new recipe. The owner of Golden Fig Fine Foods, Laurie Crowell stopped by to make Kielbasa and Aged Cheddar Rice.
1 TB olive oil
2 TB butter, divided
1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced in 1/4 inch thick rounds
1 small onion chopped
2 C broccoli florets
1 C sliced mushrooms
1 tsp Dynamite Herbs (or your favorite herb blend)
1/2 C chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
2 C cooked rice
1 C aged cheddar, shredded
1 C frozen petite peas, thawed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 TB butter and olive oil.
- Add onions and cook a few minutes, add kielbasa and cook until sausage is browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside in bowl with cover.
- Add remaining TB butter broccoli, mushrooms, stock, salt, pepper and herbs. Cover and cook about 5 minutes until mushrooms and broccoli are almost cooked.
- Add onions and kielbasa back in. Stir in cooked rice, cheddar and frozen peas and gently toss until rice is heated through.
- Garnish with a little shave of cheddar and a fresh grind of black pepper.