Some of nation’s best rib cookers will be at the 4th annual great Midwest Rib Fest this weekend at Mystic Lake Casino hotel! Joe Panella, (Porky-N-Beans BBQ Company) and Joe Alexander (Rasta Joe’s BBQ) are here in our studio to explain their tips on cooking the best ribs.
The Great Midwest Rib Fest returns to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel for its fourth year July 28-30. Rib Fest runs Friday, July 28 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday, July 29 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; and Sunday, July 30 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Admission is free and open to all ages, with food and drink available for purchase.
- Visitors can taste ribs from the ten rib cookers and vote for the “Best of the Fest” people’s choice award.
- Local culinary and media personalities will also judge the same ribs and sauces, with trophies distributed at the end of the festival on Sunday.
- Rib Fest has something for every music taste with free concerts each day.
- On Friday night, Blind Melon takes the stage at 6 p.m. with The Romantics following at 8 p.m.
- On Saturday afternoon, Edgar Winter Group performs at 1 p.m. and Alex Rossi takes the stage at 3 and 4:30 p.m.
- On Saturday night, Winger performs at 6 p.m. and Ann Wilson of Heart performs at 8 p.m.
- Country music lovers won’t want to miss Little Texas and Lonestar on Sunday afternoon.