It’s big news at Mall of America that Nickelodeon Universe is turning 10! They aren’t the only ones celebrating it either. Radisson Blu at Mall of America and their restaurant, Firelake Grill House and Cocktail Bar, get in on the fun!
Firelake created some recipes inspired by Nickelodeon and Radisson Blue Mall of America has a deal for you. Click here to get overnight accomodations in a Superior guestroom for up to four guests plus, you’ll get a buy one, get one free unlimited ride coupon to use at Nickelodeon Universe and much more for only $125!
FIRELAKE SOURDOUGH WAFFLE ON A STICK
• 2 cups malted waffle mix
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 cups buttermilk
• 1 cup sourdough starter (Bob)
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup melted butter
• ¾ tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• To make sponge, place 1 cup starter in mixing bowl (be sure to stir starter before pulling from jar)
• Add flour, sugar and buttermilk. Cover and let sit at room temperature overnight
• Crack eggs into mixing bowl, add melted butter and then add the overnight sponge
• Add salt and baking soda. Stir to combine.
• Pour batter over greased waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crispy
• Top with 2 oz. of fresh mixed berries, 1 oz. of whipped cream and a light dusting of powdered sugar
Unique story about the Sourdough Starter:
The Sourdough Starter was “born” 14 years ago. It originally came from the FireLake Downtown Minneapolis and migrated to our Mall of America location. The culinary team is trained to “Feed the Bob” with water and flour to keep it alive and well nourished.