A recent study found more than 22 million Americans have sleep apnea which is a big contributor to daytime sleepiness.
Dr. Thorson from Entira Family Clinics stopped by to break down all the details.
Undiagnosed sleep apnea significant health implications:
- Coronary artery disease
- High blood pressure
- Atrial fibrillation
- Liver and heart disease
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Weight gain
What are some sleep practices?
- Recommended hours of sleep: adults 7 to 9 hours
- Get a steady sleep schedule even on weekends
- Have a relaxing bedtime ritual; free of electronics
- Avoid naps
- Exercise regularly
- Comfortable bed and pillow
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, large meals before bed