Owner of Upsy-Daisy in White Bear Lake, Danielle Rode, stopped by with fun winter craft ideas the whole family will love.
Try them at home!
Mason Jar Snow Globe Toppers
- Several different sizes of mason jars with lids.
- Fake snow (I used a plastic-based snow).
- E6000 Glue
- Fillable clear plastic ornaments (the ones that come in 2 parts – you will only need one part per mason jar).
- Miniature Christmas decorations
- Ribbon or twine
- Goodies to fill the mason jars with.
- Use the E6000 glue to glue miniature Christmas figurines to the top of the mason jar lid.
- Add fake snow on top.
- Take half of a clear plastic ornament and glue around the edge, then place it on top of the mason jar lid.
- Add your gift items inside o the mason jar and tie a string/twine/ribbon around the lid to finish it off.
Christmas Countdown/Advent Calendar
- Magnetic Board (purchase at local craft store. Should be at least 20”x20”)
- 25 Favor tins
- Roll of magnets
- Numerical stickers
- Items to fill the favor tins
- Use the numerical stickers to number the tins 1 through 25.
- Determine placement of your tins – we did the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Place a magnet behind the tin so it stays in place. Optional: Glue the magnet to the tin.
Fill the tins with goodies.
- Plywood ornament shape (we purchased ours at Hobby Lobby)
- Peel and Stick Wallpaper
- Specialty paper in silver (we found corrugated paper at the craft store)
- E6000 glue
- Greenery/Pine pick
- Turn the ornament upside down onto back side of the peel and stick wallpaper and trace the ornament shape.
- Cut your ornament shape out of the peel and stick wallpaper.
- Peel the backing off the wallpaper and stick it to the plywood ornament.
- You can use a credit card or spatula to smooth out the surface so it is free of bubbles.
- Repeat this process with the silver specialty paper that becomes the ornament cap.