Often times, mothers ask for a homemade gift and a nice card for Mother’s Day. This simple and thoughtful DIY craft fulfills both of Mom’s requests. Alisun Abbott explains what you need.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- Mason Jar with two-piece lid
- Thick ribbon
Here are some additional supplies you may use to embellish and personalize the DIY mason jar tote:
- Fresh-cut flowers
- Seed packets
- Potted herbs
- Photo copies of old photos
- Tea-bags or small chocolates
- Doggie or cat treats
- Gift cards
Cut approximately 12 inches of ribbon. You do not need to cut an exact measurement as you will be able to cut-off extra ribbon or accommodate for too short of ribbon.
Fold the ribbon in half to make a loop. With one hand, place the ends of the ribbon on both sides of the opening of the mason jar.
With your other free hand, guide the open-ring-lid over the ribbon and twist the lid to secure it to the top of the mason jar.
Fill the jar with gifts to make your mom (or the lovely, mothering-types in your life) smile!
Here are some personalization ideas:
- Add fresh-cut flowers and water
- Add seed packets and twine to the outside of the mason jar
- Add photo-copies of cherished photographs
- Add fancy teas and chocolates
- Add dog or cat treats for the ‘fur mamas’
- Add small stones and potted plants and herbs
- Add a gift card