It’s no surprise that summer, especially in Minnesota, is the most popular time for weddings. In fact you probably have a wedding invitation hanging on your refrigerator right now. As a guest at those weddings you may notice more personal touches. That’s because more couples are being inspired to DIY their big day. Our do-it-yourself expert says it’s easier than you think. Owner of Upsy-Daisy in White Bear Lake stopped by with a few ideas.
- Instead of the traditional guest book, make it more fun by asking guests to leave a note on a post card with:
- a warm wish for the couple,
- a date night/trip suggestion, or even
- Advice for the couple .
- They can write on postcards and leave them in a vintage suitcase
- QUILT SQUARES (see example below)
- This is a lovely way for the couple to remember all who attended their wedding for years to come.
- Have guests sign quilt fabric squares (using fabric pens).
- After the wedding, the quilts are sewn into a wedding quilt for the bride and groom.
- Display this ide with an old sewing machine.
- ESCORT CARDS / CENTERPIECES
Danielle owns Upsy-Daisy located in downtown White Bear Lake. There you’ll find one-of-a-kind gifts, home décor and vintage finds.