Allie Tempelis of Lexington Floral, stopped by to share tips of creating a loose flower bouquet for Galentine or Valentine in your life.
- When buying fresh loose flowers be sure to ask for additional greenery with your wrapped bouquet, and if possible a couple different types of greenery to add more texture to your bouquet. Start with an adequate amount of greens (enough to fill your vase semi-loosely) in your vase to secure your stems into place.
- Choose your flowers based on their meanings (see list below)
- Start with 1-2 stems of 1-2 types of large flowers (Hydrangea, Protea, Sunflowers etc.) Place these in the vase first to create fullness.
- Next choose 3-5 stems each of 3-5 medium sized flowers (Roses, Carnations, Gerbera Daisies etc.) Place these in the vase second, evenly spacing them from their like flowers.
- Option to choose 3-5 stems of a tall flower such as delphinium to place towards the center of your arrangement.
- Lastly, option to add a filler flower such as caspia or waxflower to finish off your bouquet!
Meaning of flowers:
Yellow Roses- Joy
Delphinium- Big Heart
Gerbera Daisies- Cheerfulness
Protea- Change/ Transformation
Red Rose- Love
Pink Rose- Elegance
Purple Rose- Love at First Sight
Orange Rose- Desire
Calla Lily- Beauty
Orange Lily- Passion
Ranunculus- “I am Attracted to You”
Tulip- Perfect Love
Flowers that signify LOVE:
Flowers to avoid:
Yellow Carnations- Disdain
Through February 11th, use promo code: LOVE TCL in-store or online and get 14% off all orders!