This Thanksgiving, you can transform what you serve by adding just one ingredient. Elizabeth, along with Dez from the KS95 Morning Show, shared simple additions to recipes using Old Home products.
Old Home is a women-owned, Minnesota-based company. Head to their website to find additional free recipes.
Products featured today:
- Old Home 100% All Natural Peanut Butter
- Old Home Cottage Cheese
- Old Home Chive & Onion Sour Cream Chip Dip & Potato Topper
- Wing sauce
- Make sure to add in Old Home’s Chive & Onion Sour Cream Chip Dip & Potato Topper
- Paula Deen’s Cottage Potatoes
- Add in Old Home Cottage Cheese
- Elizabeth Ries’ version of Cottage Potatoes:
3 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 onion, diced
8 oz bacon, chopped
1/3 c chopped flat leaf parsley
1/8 cup minced chives
1 small bunch green onions, green parts only chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put potatoes and garlic in a pot with water to cover. Boil the potatoes until tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browns and crisp on the edges. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onions to the same pan and sauté until slightly browned on edges. Set aside.
4. When potatoes are tender, drain and mash them with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
1. Add the cottage cheese, onion, bacon and salt and pepper to taste. Add the chives and parsley. Stir the mixture gently, and then put in a greased casserole. Dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle green onions all over the top and serve.
- Salted Peanut Butter Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4T butter
- 1c Old Home 100% All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1c confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2t kosher salt
- cocoa powder for garnish, if desired