Every Monday on Twin Cities Live, local chefs and cooks stop by to make a tasty dinner recipe that you can easily make during the busy work week. Culinary and Branding Director at Kowalski’s, Rachael Perron stopped by to make a cowboy turkey burgers and a delicious side dish that’s perfect for the summertime.
For more information on Nordic Ware, click here.
COWBOY TURKEY BURGER
- 4 Kowalski’s Cowboy Turkey Burgers
- 4 Butter Burger Buns, split and lightly toasted
- Toppings, to taste: Kowalski’s Classico Guacamole or fresh avocado slices, thinly sliced red onion, arugula or mixed baby greens and Brianna’s Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
On a grill preheated to medium-high, grill burgers directly over heat until done (4-5 min. on each side), lid down, turning once.
Remove from heat and tent burgers loosely with foil; let stand for 3-5 min.
Serve on warm buns with toppings to taste.
CORN AND EDAMAME SALAD
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 12 oz. frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup matchstick-cut jicama strips
- 1 cup matchstick-cut red bell pepper strips
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup Kowalski’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Kowalski’s Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (from the Produce Department)
- 1 ½ tsp. freshly ground Kowalski’s Sea Salt
- – freshly ground Kowalski’s Black Peppercorns, to taste
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Combine first 6 ingredients (through cilantro) in a large salad or mixing bowl; drizzle with oil and lime juice.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne; toss to evenly coat.
Refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days or serve immediately.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Total Calories 254
- Total Fat 16 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Sodium 591 mg
- Fiber 6 g
- Protein 9 g