Terry John Zila of John Jean Juan stopped by the TCL kitchen with a tasty lemon ricotta pancake recipe perfect for a family brunch.
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons honey
6 large eggs, separated
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
Powdered sugar for dusting finished pancakes
2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- Place the whipping cream in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip the cream at medium speed until soft peaks just start to form. Drizzle in the honey and increase mixer speed to medium-high and whip until just until the cream holds a firm peak. Do not overbeat. Transfer Honey Whipped Cream to a serving bowl. Chill in refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, flour, ricotta cheese, unsalted butter, sugar, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a clean bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the egg whites and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whites into the batter just until blended.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly grease or spray the griddle with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto griddle.
- Cook pancake until the top is covered with small bubbles and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Flip pancake and cook for an additional minute or until lightly browned on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Garnish by dusting with powdered sugar and serve with sliced strawberries, Honey Whipped Cream and warm maple syrup if desired.