Monday Night Meal is a series to help you get inspired by simple and tasty dinner ideas. Culinary Director of Vivo Kitchen Chef Daniel Wesener stopped by to make pork scaloppine.
Trimmed pork chop, pounded thin ¼” 2 pieces (about 5-6 oz wt.)
Salt and pepper to season
1 oz Canola oil
1 tb Butter
3 halves Baby artichoke, hearts, cooked, halved
1 tb Shallots
1 oz Pinot Grigio
2 oz Cream
1 Lemon wedge
1 ½ oz Chicken stock
1. Lightly season pork chop scaloppine then dredge in flour and shake off excess.
2. Put oil and butter into medium hot sauté pan.
3. Add pork and artichokes
4. As soon as you see some changing of color around the outside edge of the pork pieces, flip pork over.
5. Add shallot, and sauté for 20 seconds
6. Add Pinot Grigio, lemon, capers, and chicken stock.
7. Bring to simmer, remove pork after 20 to 30 seconds onto a long rectangular plate.
8. Place sauce back onto fire, season lightly, reduce until somewhat thickened and about 1/2 to ¾ oz remains. (if you reduce to far, just add a touch more stock)
9. Remove from heat and swirl in room temperature butter to mount sauce.
10. Pour sauce over pork slices