Things heat up in the Twin Cities Live kitchen every Monday with a tasty dinner recipe that’s easy to make. It’s part of our Monday Night Meal series. Laurie Crowell, owner of Golden Fig Fine Foods stopped by to make an Easy Korean Bowl.
For more information on Nordic Ware, click here.
Easy Korean Bowl
1 lb ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 C. Broccoli, finely chopped
1 C. Spinach, chopped
2 TB brown sugar
1/3 c soy sauce
2 tsp. Sesame oil
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
Few shakes chili pepper flakes
Few fresh grinds black pepper
Sesame seeds for garnish
Chopped peanuts for garnish
Green onions, chopped, for garnish
Brown or white rice (cooked according to instructions on bag)
1. In large sauté pan, cook ground meat, onions, garlic, broccoli and spinach until meat is lightly browned and no longer raw.
2. Break into small pieces while cooking.
3. While meat is cooking, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, chili pepper and black pepper.
4. Stir into browned meat and simmer until sauce thickens.
5. Serve over rice with sesame seeds, peanuts and green onions for garnish.