Owner of Golden Fig, Laurie Crowell stopped by to share some of her favorite recipes using avocados for National Avocado Day.
3 TB olive oil
1 C diced white onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and black pepper
4 ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
4 C chicken or vegetable stock
1/4 c fresh lime juice
1/4 c fresh cilantro
Queso fresco for garnish
- Sauté onions and jalapeno in olive oil.
- When onions are almost translucent, add in garlic a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place avocado, stock, lime juice, cilantro and cooked mixture in blender and process until smooth.
- Serve chilled or at room temp with a sprinkle of Queso Fresco.
Avocado Toast with Soft Egg and Dill
4 pieces thick cut bread
2 ripe avocado, mashed with fork
Squeeze of lime juice
Fresh heirloom tomato, sliced
4 eggs, cooked sunny side up
Sel de Cuisine (or salt and pepper)
- Toast bread, spread mashed avocado on.
- Place sliced tomato on half, place sunny side up egg on other half.
- Sprinkle top with Sel de Cuisine and a drizzle of balsamic.
3 ripe avocado, peeled
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 c cilantro, finely chopped
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In medium bowl place avocado halves
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and lime juice over them.
- Using two knives, pull through avocado repeatedly until desired size is reached.
- Gently fold in tomato, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Drizzle a little hot sauce over top.
- Serve with chips.