Chef Lachelle Cunningham owner of Chelles’ Kitchen is in studio today to show us how to make some very simple Raw Greens Wraps.
Vegan Garden Pesto
2 cups tightly packed fresh herbs (basil, green onion, parsley, cilantro or a combination)
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 to 2 cloves garlic
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3-5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1. Place the fresh herbs, sunflower seeds, and garlic in a blender or food processor fitted with the S blade.
2. Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
3. Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream.
4. Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine.
5. Taste and add more seasonings as needed
Raw Greens Wraps
by Lachelle Cunningham of Chelles’ Kitchen LLC
6 whole collard or kale green leaves, rinsed clean
3-4 oz garden pesto (see recipe)
1 green pepper, thinly sliced julienne
1 red pepper, thinly sliced julienne
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced julienne
1 cucumbers, thinly shaved strips
1 carrot, thinly shaved strips
6 avocados, thinly sliced julienne
radishes, thinly sliced julienne
Green Onions, sliced thin
¼ cup Tbsp Soy Sauce
¼ cup Rice vinegar
1 tsp Sesame oil
1. Mix optional sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Separate each collard leaf into 2 pieces by cutting lengthwise along from the stem (removing the stem). Kale leaves can be left whole.
3. Spread 1 Tablespoon of pesto inside each green leaf.
4. Evenly divide a little of each thinly cut vegetable and garnish in the middle of each leave and roll them up. Hold together with a toothpick.
5. Enjoy with dipping sauce.
You can contact Chelles’ Kitchen at ChellesKitchenLLC@gmail.com