It can be challenging to get your kids to eat more vegetables. Monica Irwin, creator of Veggie Buds Club, shares some fun snacks and activities that will get your kids eating more lettuce.
- Lettuce Stamps (use the base of a head of romaine lettuce, dip in washable paint, and stamp on paper)
- Lettuce Hide & Seek (place 3 lettuce leaves on a table and hide a small object under one of them, have your child have fun guessing which leaf it’s under, shuffle them up and play again)
- Lettuce Scissor Skills (have your child cut up lettuce leaves with clean child-safe scissors, this is great prep work for them to do for a meal that includes chopped lettuce)
- Peanut Butter Lettuce “Tacos” (spread nut butter along the rib of a lettuce leaf, roll up, and enjoy as a snack)
- Sandwich on a Stick (recipe below)
July’s theme for Veggie Buds Club is “Totally Tasty Tomatoes!”. Teach kids to love tomatoes through interactive games, crafts, activities, and kid-friendly recipes! Use code TCL20 through 6/28 to save 20% on any subscription or shop product.
Sandwich on a Stick:
- Cubed bread
- Cubed cheese
- Other sandwich toppings such as peppers, cherry tomatoes, olives, and lunch meat
- Optional: dip or sandwich spread such as mayo, hummus, or guacamole
- Chop all veggies and sandwich “toppings” into cube shapes so they fit nicely on a skewer. Some “toppings” will not need to be prepped such as whole olives and cherry tomatoes.
- Poke all “toppings” onto skewers.