“Cooking For Dads” host Rob Barrett stopped by the TCL kitchen to show us how to make Steak Salad.
-1 lb flank steak cut into small cubes 1/2″ in size
-2 spoonfuls olive oil
-1 large handful finely chopped red onion
-1 radish chopped
-1 inch of jalapeno chopped
-salt and pepper
-1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
-1 cup mayo
-1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
-2 spoonfuls red wine vinegar
-1 spoonful Worcestershire sauce
-1 garlic clove crushed
-1 spoonful sriracha
-Shake of black pepper
-Shake of onion salt
-Drop of honey mustard
1. Season your steak cubes with salt pepper and some steak seasoning if you like
2. In a medium sized heat up your oil over high heat until it just smokes,
3. Add your steak and stir until all sides are just browned.
4. Remove and place in a bowl with paper towels in the bottom. Let cool.
5. In a small bowl add sour cream, mayo, blue cheese, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, onion salt, mustard, and sriracha. (You can also substitute your favorite blue cheese dressing)
6. Once steak is cooled, combine steak, onions, radishes, jalapenos and 1/2 the sauce. (use the rest as salad dressing.)
7. Spritz with a little lime
8. Serve as sandwich or over lettuce.