Our celebration of Roseville isn’t quite done. Baldamar is an upscale steakhouse located next to Rosedale center. It opened last fall and it has seen a ton of success. Executive Chef Steve Swinney stopped by to make Baldamar Shrimp Chimichurri.
Baldamar Shrimp Chimichurri
1 ½ cups Chimichurri Sauce (Recipe follows.)
1-2 Tbsp Olive oil (for sautéing shrimp)
2 tsp Kosher salt
20 Shrimp 13/15# shrimp, more if using a smaller size.
(Assumes approximately 4/serving for appetizers, more for individual entrees)
2/person Baguette Toast Points
1/8 cup Parmesan (grated)
- Prepare Chimichurri sauce and set aside. Can be prepared in advance allowing this dish to come together quickly when serving. (See recipe below.)
- Lightly sprinkle/season shrimp with salt.
- Heat oil in saute pan and cook shrimp a minute or two on each side until just opaque.
- Add 3 oz of chimichurri sauce to pan per serving and heat through.
- Plate and sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with toast points.
½ Cup Rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp Thyme, chopped
1 Tbsp Oregano, chopped
1 Cup Parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp Bay leaves, finely chopped
5 Fresno chilies, charred and minced
5 Garlic cloves, minced
25 Lucques olives, coarsely chopped
2 Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
Mix first 8 ingredients together in a small bowl. Add the vinegar and let sit. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Stir in paprika and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use.