This weather can be so tricky — it’s chilly in the morning, cool but the sun is warm in the afternoon. It’s the perfect reason to buy a new statement jacket. Blogger and fashion expert Amy Seeman shows us how to make a statement wearing one.
Amy’s Look – Velvet Moto Jacket from Evereve
Model 1: Anna Kolden – Floral Bomber from Rent the Runway
- The bomber jacket is an old classic that has come back full circle with a fresh new take! It’s not the leather bomber your dad sported in the 90’s, but it’s equally as cool.
- For an athleisure look it also looks great with a tunic length tee in a stripe or solid, leggings, and rose gold/blush fashion sneakers.
- This jacket is on loan from Rent the Runway ($70 or $150 if you do unlimited) and would be great to rent for a trip since it’s easy to pack and can be worn so many different ways.
Model 2: Kim Tatera – Suede Moto Jacket from Vici Collection
- If you could only buy one thing this fall, Amy would recommend a suede moto jacket!
- People tend to gravitate towards a black or tan jacket because it’s a neutral so they think they will get more wear for the money, but Amy says go for the bold color!
- Amy says, “For a good suede jacket you will probably pay over $100, but don’t be afraid of the investment. You’ll wear it for years and a cheap suede will look cheap. This one looks and feels good for the price point of only $72.”
Model 3: Alyssa Heim – Varsity Jacket from Evereve
- This jacket is a cross between a blazer and your high school boyfriend’s letter jacket
- Because the price point of most jackets are higher, you want to invest in ones that are versatile. You can keep it casual with a graphic tee or a hoodie, or you can add a feminine touch like a silk blouse with lace trim.
- This is a great alternative to a black blazer that can still be dressed up when you need it, but is much cooler for date night
Amy’s Blog, To Wit To Woo